Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Nov 14 22:18:12 UTC 2007

On 14.11.2007 19:34, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> And 1108 open reviews in total (including lots of merge reviews (¹))
> <snip>
>> I think we have a problem here. I'm actually wondering what FESCo (and
>> the Board) thinks about that.
> Thanks for this Thorsten, I think we as a community needed this kick in the
> behind, I say we as a community, because I think its unfair to solely blame
> FESCo, as you write further down your mail, there is currently little community
> involvement in the governing of Fedora, no contributers other the the members
> attending FESCo meetings, etc.

Well, the involvement from non-FESCo members in meetings was a lot
better (but still far from perfect) a year ago afaics.

I actually hit the point many months ago where said "okay, I tried to do
lots of stuff without being in FESCo or the Board; but it is way to hard
and I'm wasting my time here". Main reason for that: I posted proposals
to the list, got comments and integrated them into my proposal; some
FESCo members didn't participate in the list discussions but in the
meeting to vote on the porposal those suddenly said "I don't like part
X". So I went back to the drawing board, list discsusion to hear in the
next FESCo meeting just another FESCo member say "I don't like part Y".
I went thought that loop multiple times and that was just frustrating,
so I'm ATM a bit unwilling to do more stuff in Fedora-government land
again before this isn't getting fixed.

With getting fixed I'm not sure how to get that fixed exactly; maybe
work work more towards a Meritocracy-like way and lessen the influence
of the committees we have?

Cu
knurd