Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Nov 15 10:33:45 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 15 novembre 2007 à 11:09 +0100, Nils Philippsen a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 13:32 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > Actually, at some point the FPC made an effort to merge the
> > ReviewGuidelines and the PackagingGuidelines so that the two were
> > different views on the same thing.  One is a checklist of problems to
> > check.  The other gives reasoning and notes exceptions to those rules.
>
> I think this is unnecessary redundancy. Couldn't there be one document
> ("PackagingReviewCookBook") that uses phrases like "<X> MUST be <Y>
> unless <some exception>"? That would serve both packagers and reviewers
> and would link to other pages containing the reasons if needed.

If we want to maintain two different views a table with a "reviewer" and
"packager" columns would make sure the two views are always in sync. I
used this kind of dual-view trick for the Fonts SIG guidelines I hope
FPC will approve next week (if it will have recovered from DST changes)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Fonts/Packaging/SpecTemplate

(my dual view is "spec directives" and "comments" but it could have been
"packager" and "reviewer" too)

--
Nicolas Mailhot