Dependency Check on F-8 Upgrade Painfully Slow

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:37:10 UTC 2007

The "Checking Dependencies in selected installation" section of the
install I let run over night and it still had not finished.  After
about 10+ hours of disk grinding I just gave up and rebooted into
Fedora 7.  I only have 2200 packages.  Not a good first impression.  I
find it very hard to believe that upgrades were not tested, so perhaps
it is a unique situation for me.  However this dependency check part
has always been slow, is it still using python?  Is this related to
bug #360291?