are you (fedora devels) using fluendo codecs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 21:22:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:12:02 -0700
Richi Plana <myfedora at richip.dhs.org> wrote:

> Valent, you've been keeping tabs on developments with this issue.
> Could you summarize what suggestions have been made to solve it and
> who made these suggestions? Just the positive feedback, if you please.

Fluendo could use a non-closed source compiler (I suggest gcc) so that
the binaries could be made to not need execmem.

Fedora could modify the policy to allow for execmem from these files
(not sure what the side effects of that are, nor how far reaching this
would be given that the codecs are used in gstreamer).

--
Jesse Keating