Volunteers for fixing and/or maintaning Tomcat

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Thu Nov 15 23:34:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 00:13 +0100, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> Our tomcat5 packages are still without fixes for several security
> flaws (CVE-2007-5461, CVE-2007-2450, CVE-2007-2449) for too long and
> as days pass I am getting more and more worried about it.
>
> I am not able to persuade the maintainer to fix the issues (the
> patches are available thoug, in RHEL packages). I attempted to contact
> him via mail and offered him help with the updates, but he seems
> uninterested.

Oh :(

> Is there anyone who would volunteer to fix and maintain tomcat?

I can take it. I'm not following Tomcat project very closely, but at
least I can apply the patches, I can improve packaging (if needed), etc.
-- and if someone grants me access , I can push the package for build
later today.

I can also keep it up2date in the future.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE