are you (fedora devels) using fluendo codecs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 12:26:12 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:16:57 +0100
"Valent Turkovic" <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> /rant/
> Why doesn't redhat or fedora buy one set of codecs so you can test
> them yourself? I don't get it... I don't mind helping but it is beyond
> my logic that fedora 8 claims that has fluendo codecs working with
> fedora 8 but nobody has actually used the codecs to confirm it :)
> /end rant/

We claim to be able to direct you at legal places that offer codecs for
download, and /they/ claim it works on Fedora 8.  We're not doing
continued integration testing with their codecs, we're just continuing
to make and improve Fedora releases.  It's unfortunate that their
offerings didn't work, that certainly puts them in a bad light.

--
Jesse Keating