pulseaudio CPU usage and process name

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 16 19:57:16 UTC 2007

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I can confirm terminating firefox brought CPU usage of
pulseaudio down to 0% in top. Also, playing an mp3 through amarok, brought
CPU usage back to 6%. So it seems any playback brings the CPU usage up by
that much!
My sound card is Intel ICH6 chipset ALC861. Is resampling required ? Is it
possible to play at the card's native sample rate to gain back the CPU
cycles, since I almost always have the browser open with Flash in it :/

Regards