WTF? Inaccessible bug reports?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:03:44 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 6:41 AM, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
> There is also a third option - write your own kickstart file defining
> exactly what you want, and use it to install.

I'd like to see if we as a project can extend this option, so that we
can archive and make a gallery of contributed kickstart files for
people to use for niche usage cases.  Perhaps then Olivier could work
with other niche admins who want to beat Fedora into submission to
create a suitable baseline kickstart for his usage case.

We certainly can't keep resulting spins for everyone's pet kickstart
file. But if people submitted them we could perhaps run automated
tests against registered kickstart files leading up to a release to
help the kickstart sheperds  discover kickstart file breakage in a
timely manner prior to release.

More specifically, it might be instructional to think about how we
could better serve a multiple system install mixed use case as drastic
as Olivier's.  Without re-hashing any of his particular grievances. If
anyone of us were going to attempt to do a 50-100 machine Fedora
install for mixed usage, what would we do to make it go smoothly? And
out of those things, what could Fedora project do to help make it
easier.  Off the top of my head, would it be useful if Fedora has a
project released a spin which was designed to help an admin create a
local fedora mirror for use with local machines?

-jef"giggles at all the tcsh users he works with"spaleta