mock Missing Dependencies

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Nov 21 21:20:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to packages software that requires the glib2-devel package
for building. Unfortunately, mock keeps exiting and complaining that yum
can't satisfy certain missing dependencies:

Error: Command(/usr/bin/yum
--installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-8-x86_64/root install ccache
'intltool' 'python-devel' 'libglade2-devel' 'autoconf'
'libgnomeui-devel' 'gettext-devel' 'glib2' 'glib2-devel') failed.
Output:
Error: Missing Dependency: libgthread-2.0.so.0 is needed by package
glib2-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libgobject-2.0.so.0 is needed by package
glib2-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libgmodule-2.0.so.0 is needed by package
glib2-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libglib-2.0.so.0 is needed by package
glib2-devel

I've forced mock to try to install the glib2 package via the src.rpm,
but it's still not finding it.

It's hard to say whether I should file a bug against mock or yum since
yum, on a non-mock chroot'd system, finds the dependency readily.

Help.
--

Richi Plana