WTF? Inaccessible bug reports?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Nov 21 21:41:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 11:35:44AM -0500, James Hubbard wrote:

> Some people have mentioned using RHEL 5.  I don't use it because it
> doesn't have most of the things that I want.  If it does have
> something I need, it's usually too out of date.  I understand the
> reason why it is this way so you don't have to explain its purpose.

You could be interested in EPEL (or  other 3rd party repos) for better
completeness. I think that the number of fedora packages in EPEL will
increase in the future, up to coverage for most of the packages. It
doesn't solve the up to date stuff, but fedora is here for that.

> You probably don't care, but I just upgraded from FC6 to F7 so that my
> wireless would work.  Why not F8?  When I read the emails that Sun's
> JVM wouldn't work on F8, I stopped considering it due to my dependence
> on a couple of Java apps.  I couldn't spend the time tracking down
> bugs related to an incomplete runtime environment.  I know that it's
> not anyone's fault on the list, but that's just the way that it is.

I am not a java expert but isn't the sun jvm now part of fedora?

--
Pat