InstantMirror initial source repo

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 01:40:12 UTC 2007

Ed Swierk wrote:
> On 11/21/07, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
>> What currently happens if one instance of InstantMirror.py is
>> downloading file FOO, and during that download a second client requests
>> the same file?
>
> Probably something unpleasant for the first client. Easy fix is to
> change .tmp to a random value; this should go in the TODO.
>
> --Ed

This means the server will keep downloading that file multiple times
until the file download is complete, then new client requests that come
in after that point use the cached version?

Perhaps we should look into how squid or varnish handle this scenario.
There is probably a well-understood way of handling this that they
figured out.

Warren