Key event weirdness with xterm/claws-mail

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Sat Nov 24 15:29:07 UTC 2007

Hi.

I just notices something quite strange on my rawhide system. All of
the following is in a gnome session (started via startx):

I have a claws-mail instance in the background, and an xterm in the foreground
xterm has focus, and shows a man-page.
If I scroll in the man page (using the cursor keys) less scrolls, naturally.
However, if my mouse cursor is outside the xterm window (but inside the
inactive claws-mail window), the selection bar in my mailbox _also_ scrolls.

Looks like both windows get the key events.

Single press key events just reach the xterm window. claws just starts
scrolling starts when the automatic key repetition kicks in.

Judging from the less scrolling speed every other key event does not
reach xterm, but claws instead.

Any ideas what would cause this, and how to debug what is going on?