Killing maintainers

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:19:46 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:56:58 -0800
> Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A good point, but there are also 'topics' supported by mailman.
>> There are currently no topics defined for any of the redhat lists I'm
>> aware of, but they could be.  The user interface (once logged in)
>> allows everyone subscribed to choose which topics to receive mailings
>> and which to ignore, and that would accomplish the goal and reduce
>> the mail traffic on both ends.
>>
>> If enough people really want to get rid of things like update
>> announcements coming in on one list, I would think creating a
>> subtopic for the list might be a good solution.
>
> fedora-package-announce uses topics for each fedora release, so people
> can choose to only get announcements about the release they are using.
> Off and on I was working on a regex that would work to add a topic for
> the test releases as well, but I haven't got that done yet.

Ah ok good to hear thats an alternative looked into.  I do think the
'updates at fedoraproject.org' package announces to fedora-test-list is a good
subtopic candidate, unless those are actually going to get moved.  Without
getting too complex all those package announcements together might be one big
'on/off' rather than choosing which related test releases to receive on that list.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 at pgp.mit.edu