Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Nov 27 15:24:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 05:19:15PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> >Well, using : as a separator seems like a bad idea, but I really don't
> >want to encourage epoch use. Its a last resort hack to fix a broken
> >package when there is no other way to ensure safe upgrades. If new
> >packagers start seeing it show up in a far more visible way, people will
> >think that they need to use it by default.
>
> If limiting visibility of the epochs is the argument, then why is it ok
> for end user tools such as pirut (not to mention yum itself and all
> related tools) to show them?

I agree.  If limiting epoch visibility is the argument, we should be
showing them in the low-level tools (rpm, yum) but not the high-level
tools (pirut, pup).  Not that I agree that we should be limiting their
visibility at all.