Re: Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
Jima, are we talking about readability? Well, then we should exchange
names like orange-devel-0.3-5.cvs20051118.fc8.x86_64.rpm for "Orange
Development Package" and so on. Can you see how nice would they look on
a desktop? ;)

I wasn't dismissing your suggestion out of hand. (Sorry, I should have been clearer.) I'd advocate for a different separator if possible, though (_ maybe?). - is a bit heavily used, appearing in the %name (as many as 5 times!), and as a separator between %name, %version, and %release. Occasionally, with numbers in %name, it can take a moment to tell where %name ends and %version begins. :-) Fortunately, the really unreadable RPM filenames I have an issue with aren't in Fedora.

     Jima