Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Tue Nov 27 18:32:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> Jima, are we talking about readability? Well, then we should exchange
> names like orange-devel-0.3-5.cvs20051118.fc8.x86_64.rpm for "Orange
> Development Package" and so on. Can you see how nice would they look on
> a desktop? ;)

  I wasn't dismissing your suggestion out of hand.  (Sorry, I should have
been clearer.)  I'd advocate for a different separator if possible, though
(_ maybe?).  - is a bit heavily used, appearing in the %name (as many as 5
times!), and as a separator between %name, %version, and %release.
Occasionally, with numbers in %name, it can take a moment to tell where
%name ends and %version begins. :-)
  Fortunately, the really unreadable RPM filenames I have an issue with
aren't in Fedora.

      Jima