alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 18:06:23 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

>> Hmm sounds like beta to me.
>
> That's your interpretation.  Just because the features are Enterprise
> focused doesn't mean they're automatically beta.

My interpretation has aways been that this is the point where it becomes
  'less beta'.

> It just means that
> the focus is more on Enterprise needs, which are often customer driven.

Like wanting things that have already been well tested and are known to
work reliably...  But without the 'more beta' phases, where would they
come from?   The problem with actually running fedora is you are forced
to install the 'more beta' versions like it or not, as support ends for
the last 'less beta' cycle  - or go completely without updates which is
probably not a good idea.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com