Maintainers Responsibility (was alpha/beta software in Fedora 8)

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 08:43:03 UTC 2007

> The importance of individual packages is pretty dependent on the use
> case. For most users of a Fedora desktop, it is probably far more
> disastrous if the email client or web browser crashes, than if some dns
> server the haven't installed has some bugs.

This assumes that Fedora is "just" a desktop, while it is much more --
the desktop is "just" a part of it. A significant one, surely, but a
part. From my POV, Adam was okay to put in that version of bind because
he tested it and found no problems, and most definitely not because the
bind package is somehow less important than say the gnome-panel.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759