Heads up: openldap rebase for Fedora/devel

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 13:03:06 UTC 2007

Jan Safranek wrote:
> I'd like to update openldap in devel to the new version. Many packages
> depend on openldap, so I will provide compat-openldap package, which
> will provide 2.3.x libraries and no recompilation of any component would
> be required.
>
> I'd like to to ask all maintainers of components, which depend on
> openldap (see appendix), to test following simple cases:
>
> 1. the component works with compat-openldap, which provides 'old' 2.3.x
> libraries

I did not get any overwhelming response, actually only Terje Rosten
responded that he tested his packages (thanks!). I internally tried to
recompile all packages depending on openldap:

- most of the packages compiled OK
- callweaver, cyrus-sasl, kdesvn and subcommander were not compilable
because of other changes in rawhide (bugs filled)
- only wine did not compile because two functions were renamed in new
openldap (again, bug filled)

So I decided to release the openldap on Monday (2007-12-05), without any
compat- package. I will explicitly send email to every maintainer of
dependent package when the compilation finishes and new opendlap is in
buildroot.

Jan