Heads up: openssl and gnutls rebase in rawhide

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 13:40:20 UTC 2007

I have decided to complete the dependency breakage which will be caused
by the openldap update because many packages which depend on openldap
libraries depend also on OpenSSL or GNUTLS. So to spare a few rebuild
cycles I will do openssl and gnutls rebase in sync. There should not be
any API changes so simple rebuild will be sufficient.

I'm still undecided whether we should have a compat package for openssl
in Fedora so if you know any 3rd party software which will be broken by
the openssl libraries SONAME change and which is actively used on
current Fedoras, please let me know.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb