Re: kde-4.0(rc1) hitting rawhide Dec 1-7

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Now that the KDE 4.0 RC1 is available (and development churn has
> slowed), the KDE SIG will be working towards incorporating as much of
> kde-4.0 (rc1) into rawhide the week of Dec 1-7.  The gory outline of
> making all of this work are detailed on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureKDE4

Sweet!

> The challenge will be replacing the current kde3-based
> desktop with a kde4-based one, while at the same time still providing a
> kde3 development platform (ie, so one can still build/run kde3
> applications).

Projecting the current stability of KDE4 ahead, it seems more
cautious to leave the two parallel installable for some time.

I've always been an early adopter, but this time I don't feel
like switching so soon.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/