rawhide report: 20070929 changes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Oct 1 04:11:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 06:41 -0400, Build System wrote:

> Removed package i810switch
>
> Updated Packages:
>
> NetworkManager-1:0.7.0-0.3.svn2914.fc8
> --------------------------------------
> * Fri Sep 28 2007 Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> - 1:0.7.0-0.3.svn2914
> - New snapshot
> 	- Add WPA passphrase support to password dialog
> 	- Applet now reflects actual VPN behavior of one active connection
> 	- Applet now notices VPN active connections on startup
> 	- Fix connections with some WPA and WEP keys
>
> * Thu Sep 27 2007 Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> - 1:0.7.0-0.3.svn2907
> - New snapshot
> 	- VPN support (only vpnc plugin ported at this time)
>
> * Tue Sep 25 2007 Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> - 1:0.7.0-0.3.svn2886
> - New snapshot
> 	- Make wired device carrier state work in the applet
> 	- Fix handling of errors with unencrypted APs
> 	- Fix "frozen" applet icon by reporting NM state better
> 	- Fix output of AP frequency in nm-tool

Okay, a couple of comments about this.

I had to generate the hex key for this to connect to a WPA encrypted
connection, but since this it's just worked, with the following caveats:

Each time I un-hibernate, I have to manually select the network to
reconnect.

I had to restart nm-applet after the upgrade and now I'm seeing the
following output on the terminal:

        [rodd at localhost ~]$
        ** (nm-applet:7127): WARNING **: Found connection Auto tundra to
        activate at /org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/0.

        (nm-applet:7127): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
        g_signal_emit_valist: assertion `signal_id > 0' failed

        [rodd at localhost ~]$

And finally (and this is nitpicking in the whole scheme of things) the
nm-applet icon is horrible.  It's like the old nm-applet icon, except
that it's blurry and looks like it's been resized from an icon that's
way to small (see attached small screenshot).

R.

 It's much better on my side"