pungi, python and the question: where are the python gurus?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 12:36:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:38:21 +0200
Oliver Falk <oliver at linux-kernel.at> wrote:

> It might be likely possible, that nobody using Fedora and using pungi
> ever tried creating isos, is that right? I don't think so. But it
> might likely be possible, that nobody ever tried to create non-DVD
> isos

That's far more likely.  In fact, my last couple releases the
validation I did didn't include split iso tests, so this code path is a
bit unused.

> and therefor nobody encountered the following problem:
>
> [root at gosa pungi]# sh ~/bin/run_pungi.sh
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/pungi", line 178, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/bin/pungi", line 43, in main
>     config.set('default', 'cdsize', part.size)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 639, in set
>     raise TypeError("option values must be strings")
> TypeError: option values must be strings
>

> This came up after I enabled the following in my pungi (ks/kickstart)
> config:
>
> part iso --size=650

Ok, yeah, this is just clearly a bug in pungi.  Pykickstart hands this
back as an int, but pungi is trying to stuff that into a ConfigParser
set, which requires strings.  The correct thing to do here is to wrap
that stuffing in str().

I've made that change and done some local testing and this appears to
solve the problem.  I'll commit to tip and get a new build out today.

--
Jesse Keating