FC-7 mockbuild fails/koji build succeeds

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Oct 3 11:12:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 06:42:44 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am facing what I presume to be caused by a divergence between the
>> default set of packages in a built-root in mock and koji:
>>

>> koji --scratch building a package succeeds:
>>
>> # koji build --scratch --arch=i386 dist-fc7 Coin2-2.5.0-2.fc7.src.rpm
>>
>> c.f. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=181197
>>

>> while rebuilding the identical src.rpm in a local mock on FC-7 fails:
>>
>> # mock  -r fedora-7-i386.cfg Coin2-2.5.0-2.fc7.src.rpm
>> ./configure: line 37448: cmp: command not found
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.62964 (%build)
>> RPM build errors:
>>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.62964 (%build)
>>

>> Seemingly, "cmp" is in FC-7's default packages in koji, but not in
>> FC-7's mock.
>
> It's the same old "diffutils is missing" problem that has been found
> recently. Normally, "rpm-build" used to require "diffutils", because
> it uses diff in scripts like check-files. But the RPM update for
> F7 and FC6 has dropped the diffutils "Requires" (the %changelog does
> not mention that). The mock buildsys build-group pkg needs an
> update.

No it wasn't dropped from rpm-build, it never was there to begin with.
diffutils has always been one of the implicit requirements (for no good
reason IMO but that's another story) and has only been added recently to
rawhide rpm.

Next round of rpm updates updates for F7 (and FC6 possibly) is coming
soonish, I can fix this and bunch of other implicit deps there. Missing
deps are bugs alright, but I'm just not at all happy to see the build
environment of already released Fedora versions changing like this.

 	- Panu -