Default Firefox settings

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Oct 3 18:52:56 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 01:15:53PM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > Does upstream think the default settings as provided in the vanilla
> > distribution should be adjusted as set forth in [2] ? If they don't, I
> > think we shouldn't either.
> >
> > > Again, if I can provide any objective metrics, please let me know.
> > >
> > > [1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2007-September/msg00135.html
> > > [2] http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/28106/How_to_speed_up_Mozilla_Firefox_on_Ubuntu
>
> Fair enough, but the speed differences cannot be ignored. Nor is the
> fact that it makes Firefox (at least on Fedora) to seem very slow.

Actually, I use IPv6 here and it isn't the cause of Firefox slowness.
My biggest problem is simply rendering speed.  It is excruciatingly
slow in scrolling an already loaded web page.

On the bright side, for whatever reason the F8 version of Firefox
seems much faster.  Can anyone explain what might have changed?