Default Firefox settings

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Oct 4 13:17:44 UTC 2007

Le Jeu 4 octobre 2007 14:43, Matthew Miller a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:05:07AM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> The problem is firefox sucks big time when you're behind a proxy -
>> as
>> soon as the proxy is slow to answer for one tab all the others start
>> being sluggish/frozen (I suppose firefox has internal locking where
>> the cost of some locks is only evident in a proxy context)
>
> I think this is because network.http.max-connections-per-server, which
> defaults to 8, applies to the *proxy server* when using a proxy. Crank
> that
> number way up (as much as whoever is running your proxy will allow)
> and watch that problem go away).

Unfortunately this does not seem to work. For some obscure reason as
soon as a page contains stuff hosted at a site the proxy does not
like, all the firefox UI freezes waiting for the proxy to relay it (it
won't), instead of  recovering gracefully and processing the other
stuff (like it does on direct connexion when a website is dead)

--
Nicolas Mailhot