FC-6: automake-1.9 on ppc

Alain PORTAL aportal at univ-montp2.fr
Fri Oct 5 07:44:08 UTC 2007

Le Tuesday 02 October 2007 12:09:11 Patrice Dumas, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:29:47AM +0200, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > PikLoops failed to build on ppc arch for FC-6 because aclocal-1.9 and
> > automake-1.9 were not found:
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-6-extras/36512-pikloops-0.2
> >.4-1.fc6/
> >
> > Can somebody help me to fix?
>
> There is more than one way to fix such issues, but in that case it is
> a bit strange that autotools are rerun since you didn't patch the
> corresponding files (as far as I can tell from looking at the build
> log). Maybe the timestamps are not right in the upstream tarball?
> The make commands calling the autotools should only be called if a
> resulting file is older than the file it comes from.
>
> A ugly workaround -- but I doubt it is right in that case -- could also
> be to package automake19 and BuildRequires it.

In order to know what is the automake version (finding a symlink as
automake-1.9) for ppc arch in FC-6, I tried:
"repoquery --list --archlist=ppc automake"
as explained in the repoquery man page, but the command line return is empty.

Same is for
"repoquery --list --archlist=i386 automake"

Is it a bug in repoquery?

Can somebody tell me what is the automake version on ppc arch for FC-6?

Regards,
Alain
--
La version française des pages de manuel Linux
http://manpagesfr.free.fr