Mixing of macros and native commands in specs.

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 11:48:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:00:46 +0400
"Peter Lemenkov" <lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All!
> Just for clarification - is it allowed to mix macros and native
> command in spec-file? For instance
>
> %make
> make %{?_smp_mflags}
>
> %install
> %{_rm} -rf  $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> make DESTDIR=%{buildroot} install

This is an unclear example.  Are you talking about mixing 'make' and
'%{_rm}', or are you talking about mixing '$RPM_BUILD_ROOT' and
'%{buildroot}' ?  The former is allowed both in rpm and the
guidelines, the latter is allowed in rpm but disallowed in the
guidelines.  Our guidelines ask you to use one macro style throughout
a spec instead of mixing types.

--
Jesse Keating