sqlite over NFS (locking)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Oct 6 03:00:59 UTC 2007

JK> I don't have an answer to this question, but I can surely agree
JK> that trying to compose to a NFS dir did not work for me.

It's failed for me as well.  What failure mode did you see?  For me
the creatrepo run simply failed to terminate; I just dropped '-d' and
went on with my business but I guess I could experiment.

What confuses me is that the problem should only show up as improper
locking for multiple accessors, but the only process anywhere which
should be accessing the database is createrepo.  It's not threaded, is
it?

 - J<