cvs help needed

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sat Oct 6 16:14:55 UTC 2007

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:10:51 +0530, subhodip biswas wrote:

> Hi!
>
> i have few queries
> if i had made a cvs tag build for a package ,how would i redo it again
> if i need a rebuild?

What kind of _re_build? After you have built and published packages
with a specified cvs tag before, you must not (re-)build them
again. Neither unmodified nor modified. Only when you increase the
%release, %version or %epoch of the package, the new build becomes a
valid update.

>  Is it possible to remove previously build tags from cvs ?

No. For small mistakes in a package you can force cvs to move a tag
when (re-)tagging the latest files (I don't explain that here,
however, since I don't want to see people shoot themselves into their
feet). But most of the time, simply increase the %release version,
create a new tag, and build with that tag.