OpenSceneGraph-devel woes on F-7/FC-6 ExcludeArch change in stable release

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:21:11 UTC 2007

Christopher Stone wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:
>> Christopher Stone wrote:
>>> Why can't we develop some way for a devel package maintainer to
>>> email package maintainers who buildrequire your devel package?
>> Limited hours in the day and limited folks who know the code for
>> bodhi, koji, and the other infrastructure tools to write a patch to
>> implement it.
>
> I think this would be a very useful feature, perhaps a checkbox in
> bodhi to notify package maintianers who buildrequire this package
> about your update?
>
> I do not know anything about the new packagedb system, but I think
> this should be easy to implement and extremely useful.
>
> Is there some killer feature in the db that needs to be added like
> figuring out which maintainers BR's a devel package?  This is just an
> SQL query correct?

If koji keeps track of dependencies it would be easier to implement this
there than in the packagedb at the moment.  The packagedb doesn't
currently track dependencies because the other tools do that.  We could
change that, but we probably need to sit down and talk about what tools
we want storing which information in the dbs.

-Toshio