irqbalance problems

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 05:21:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 12:51:52AM -0400, Stewart Adam wrote:
 > On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 00:21 -0400, Louis E Garcia II wrote:
 > > This service seems to die and will not shutdown properly. The services
 > > capplet has 'irqbalance dead but subsys locked' as the status.
 > >
 > > -Louis
 > I've noticed this too - I can never find when or why it dies,
 > but it's always a matter of minutes before it dies.

irqbalances init script seems to be terminally ill.

see what happens if you do..

init 3 ; init 5 ; init 3
ps ax | grep irqbalance

for example.  I filed a bug on this last week.
Different problem to what you're seeing most likely, but it could
definitly use some love from someone with the inclination/time to fix it.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk