samba license change

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 9 18:27:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 12:56:37PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:

> The soname should change for any incompatible change, and while it isn't
> a technical change, the license change is incompatible.

The soname doesn't change for any incompatible change. It changes for
ABI changes. I don't think this should be also used for license
compatibility. Some libraries that link against samba libs may already
have a compatible license, a rebuild is unnecessary -- while for ABI
change a rebuild is necessary.

--
Pat