Gnome Logout Hangs?

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Oct 10 15:20:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 09:34 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> I saw a while back (if I'm recalling correctly) Jesse acknowledging the
> gnome logout hang bug as known and should be fixed by a forthcoming X11
> update but that was several weeks ago and it still happens for me. Is it
> something I'm running or is it still happening for everyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> tjb

I tracked this down more and it happens with metacity too on my intel
graphics laptop. After logging out, if I go to a text console and kill
just gnome-session, the logout finishes and gdm comes back up.

Does this "fix" work for anyone else having the problem? It seems that
since this apparently is not happening for everyone, it must be
something I'm running that causes gnome-session to hang. I checked and
pulseaudio is not running so I'm don't think it is the culprit.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |