wordpress 2.3

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Oct 10 15:34:33 UTC 2007

Adrian Reber wrote:
> I am thinking about to disable this feature in the Fedora rpm because
> the update is anyway supposed to be updated via yum/rpm and not by
> downloading it directly from wordpress. Just like it is the case for
> firefox.

+1; I did that for Deluge, too.

For Deluge it was far simpler to patch the installed GConf schema to
set the key for that preference to False to default rather than True.
I've not delved much into the WordPress codebase, but whether it will
be simpler to remove the feature entirely or merely have it disabled
by default is a choice left to you, its maintainer. :)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail