CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Thu Oct 11 16:20:33 UTC 2007

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:21:42 -0500 (CDT)
> "Jon Ciesla" <limb at jcomserv.net> wrote:
>
>> But the point is if you have no DVD drive, the only upgrade method,
>> AFAIK is yum, which is not officially supported.
>
> Incorrect.  rescue.iso or boot.iso + network, or harddrive.

Is this in the wiki anywhere?  Because I seem to recall asking about this
when CDs went away, and was told it was yum or fresh install.

Granted, upgrading with yum is great and works well, and is my preferred
method, but I have to have something else in case we get to a point where
a yum upgrade is impossible for some unforseen reason.

> --
> Jesse Keating
> Fedora -- All my bits are free, are yours?
> --

novus ordo absurdum