gethostby* users

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Oct 12 13:02:30 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> said:
> It's sad sendmail has some kind of special dispenciation and is never
> discussed even though it is riddled with problems and we have better
> alternatives in the repo.

"never discussed"?  I suggest you read the list archives.

"riddled with problems" such as...?

I know it is fun to pick on sendmail, but it works well and I can use it
to do things not easily done in some other MTAs.

sendmail already supports IPv6 without getaddrinfo() (since sendmail is
about more than Linux and not all other platforms have getaddrinfo()).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>