The gstreamer third way

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Oct 12 21:54:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 11:26 +0100, Andy Green wrote:

>  - Additionally, completely externally, some other repo might offer a
> standalone GPL3 samba libs package that has the same soname that
> endusers might choose to use to replace Fedora's GPL2 library.  That's
> up to them and the user's problem that his combined system may not be
> redistributable if he goes down that path.
>
> If I understood it, this does not violate any terms or intention of the
> terms and is nice and clean.

Why are we, as a Free Software community, spending time looking for new
and interesting ways to violate Samba's licence, in fact or in spirit?

Just because people have created a history of non-compliance with the
kernel's licence for convenience does not make me any more comfortable
with this thread's direction.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett