gethostby* users

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 00:46:58 UTC 2007

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 08:02 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
>> I know it is fun to pick on sendmail, but it works well and I can use
>> it to do things not easily done in some other MTAs.
>
> Examples?

Running MimeDefang is a good example.  MimeDefang runs as a milter, does
whatever spam/virus scanning and other processing you want, controlled
by a small perl script in real time during the smtp conversation so it
can reject based on the results.  However it does not need a 1 to 1
ratio of perl processes to sendmail processes and does not make fast
operations wait on slow ones due to the way the milter interface handles
separate steps.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com