Packing XPIs

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Oct 15 10:36:51 UTC 2007

Le Lun 15 octobre 2007 11:55, Lubomir Kundrak a écrit :

> On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 10:08 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe there's enough firefox extensions to package a SIG dedicated
>> defining extension packaging standards is in order?
>
> I'd prefer if the standard just said "do not do it" :) Imagine the
> amount of poor quality extensions that might eventually hit fedora
> then

Well if we don't do them they'll hit our users anyway, so I'd rather
have a SIG do the most popular right (and have users take the habit of
looking at rpms first) than have them download unknown code from the
internet and blame us if things go wrong.

And "most popular" is definitely enough volume for a SIG

>> And while we're at it, handling OO.o extensions would be nice too
>
> I was not even aware that OOo also support extensions :}

Because we've sucked at intagrating OO.o extensions, and we've not
provided a credible plugin deployment alternatives, so OO.o decided
going the firefox direct dowload way was their only solution.

--
Nicolas Mailhot