"ERROR: No build ID note found in" while building fpc (Freepascal compiler)

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 10:16:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 12:06:57PM +0200, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> I got this problem on Koji wile compiling fpc:
>
> extracting debug info
> from /var/tmp/fpc-2.2.0-3.fc8-root-kojibuilder/usr/bin/h2pas
> *** ERROR: No build ID note found in /var/tmp/fpc-2.2.0-3.fc8-root-kojibuilder/usr/bin/h2pas
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.37361 (%install)
>
> I've read this message: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-August/msg00141.html
> and it gives some hints, but they are useless for Freepascal. ;)

You need to arrange for the compiler to pass --build-id option to the
linker when it invokes it.  In gcc that's done through spec change, how to
in freepascal it is probably done differently.  While at it, make sure e.g.
--eh-frame-hdr is passed to the linker as well for non-static links.

> h2pas is static-linked, could that be the problem? (all files in this packages are)

If all programs in freepascal are statically linked, then I wonder how this
package ever could get through review.

	Jakub