openoffice-pyuno and external python programs

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 14:02:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 15:17 +0200, Zoltan Kota wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>
> > Hmm, what does
> > readelf -d /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyuno.so | grep RPATH
> > say on debian ? Is there an absolute entry in there so get it to find
> > the libraries it needs ?
>

> On Ubuntu, readelf... says:
> 0x0000000f (RPATH)                      Library rpath:
> [$ORIGIN:/usr/lib/openoffice/program]

Yeah, so they set the rpath to find the OOo libs that libpyuno.so is
linked to in /usr/lib/openoffice/ when they moved it out of there. I'd
probably fall foul of the fedora packaging guidelines if I whacked in
the same thing ? We (OOo) don't really have a good standard for where to
stick bits of OOo when it's bundled into the distro.

C.