What's up with octave-forge? - HELP WANTED

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Oct 16 22:31:09 UTC 2007

I'm currently building a new octave and octave-forge that should give us
a working octave and octave packages for F8.  The octave-forge package
ships Provides for all of the individual packages  in an attempt to make
upgrading from octave-forge to the octave-packages work.  If anyone
forsees any problems with this strategy, please let me know.   One
concern is if we end up shipping fewer packages in F-9 than the current
octave-forge package provides.

Where do we go from here (post-F8)?  Well, we need to start packaging
all of the individual octave-forge provided packages individually.
Currently there are 60 of them.  I have an initial packaging draft here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Octave

that should be used when producing these packages.  We'll modify it as
needed as issues arise, then once it seems good put it up for official
status.

So, everyone out there who uses octave, pick a few packages that they
use or like and submit them for review!

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com