s/libgssapi/libgssglue/ now?

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 12:45:49 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:58:29 -0400
> Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> First ever build of libgssglue which seems to replace libgssapi
>> happened today, one day before the freeze of F8.  In addition to
>> replacing libgssapi it seems to bump soname.
>
> Hrm, when I was contacted about this I was told it was just a package
> rename, not a soname rename too.  This is a much bigger change than I
> expected.  With the freeze tomorrow and the sluggishness of koji lately
> I'm reluctant to let this go through.
>
> Steve?
I was waiting for libgssglue to show up on the build root
so I could rebuild all of the packages that were dependent
on it. That didn't happen in a timely matter (as Jesse can
a test due to the private emails) and unfortunately
a life interrupt came a long which knocked me off
line until this morning..

There has been no code changes with this library, just
the name has changed (due to an upstream change). The
dependent packages are nfs-utils, nfs-utils-lib, libtirpc.
I saw these problems and I was trying to build all the packages
to avoid them but I couldn't because libgssglue was not found
on the build root... Basically a catch-22...

We don't make this change the upstream development will
not be able to use F8 since this packages is now
required by the upstream version of nfs-utils.
This changed happen at the end of last week.

Those are the facts and I'll let "the power to be"
make the final decision.

steved.