CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Jonathan Steffan jon at fedoraunity.org
Sat Oct 20 23:02:00 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> I think the reason was just that the x86_64 install with multilib was
> not CD sized anymore.  At least not for one CD with a 'minimal'
> install.  Perhaps we should put a bounty out there for a single CD
> x86_64 install and see if anyone can do it :)

Ah, so it is pkgorder... (with regards to getting a base that is
multilib to fit in ~700MB) ;-)

So the problem is our "Base" group? Aka, we need to spend time on our
comps to list much more as optional? I suppose this also would affect
the x86 spin, making the "Base" install much smaller and thus not
utilizing the available 700MB? Is this a bad thing? (proposing
modifications to our groups definitions to bring multilib inline,
however, having the side-effect of reducing the package payload for a
"base" x86 install)

Jonathan Steffan
daMaestro