CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Oct 21 10:04:52 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>

>> Upgrades from F7 to F8 using LiveCD's. Not being able to upgrade to F8
>> using *just* CDs.
>
> Now we are talking about an actual problem which wasn't clear to me
> earlier. So if Fedora Project released regular CD's for this release and
> makes live upgrades a supported option from Fedora 9 onwards, do you see
> any need for a regular CD variant in the future?

Other then for it's sentimental value, the impressive number of discs
for the Everything spin or laptop-in-the-bush cases, there's no real
need for CD's. The few people that want a customized install with all
kinds of exotic partitioning schemes (or minimal installs) should either
be able to create CDs off the DVD iso or get the CDs from any third
party providing them.

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen