Multiarch conflicts on devel packages with %doc files

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Oct 21 17:40:44 UTC 2007

Christopher Stone wrote:
>> Could docs like this be split out into noarch subpackages?  Or
>> perhaps pre-generated and then installed from a Source1: line so
>> that they'd match across arches?
>
> Wow, please don't ask me to do this, the bug is clearly yum or
> doxygen.

Perhaps, but sometimes it's necessary to work around problems in the
underlying tools in order to provide a better end user experience.  If
there is an easy to fix bug in yum or doxygen, then someone will fix
it soon enough.  Until/unless that happens, what would be wrong with
pre-generating the docs and including them that way?  See the id3lib
package for an example.  Hans just did this there to fix multilib
problems.

The average woman would rather be beautiful than smart because the
average man can see better than he can think.