Live Upgrade Special Interest Group

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:07:33 UTC 2007

Dmitry Butskoy wrote:

>> Often test upgrading to the current development branch of one of the
>> test releases from the previous general release
>
> but our policy is to skip one release (i.e. FC1-->FC3-->FC5-->F7) ...
>
> We use Fedora in a production environment, and half-year cycle is too
> fast for us. (CentOS and friends are "too slow" OTOH).

CentOS isn't going to be _that_ much different since it would
approximate  FC1->FC3->FC6 so far - especially if you wait for some
updates to stabilize the fedora release before you upgrade.  I'd think
you would be better off using Centos as the base in production but
building a few apps that matter to you from fedora src rpms or finding a
repository that does that.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com