Some thoughts about firmware inclusion.

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Tue Oct 23 00:39:07 UTC 2007

Adam Jackson wrote:

> This is not the same thing as a firmware, because firmware doesn't
> execute on the host CPU.  Practically speaking, that's where we draw the
> line.

This is not meant as a facetious question but how does this pan out with
regards to emulators? Most of which require some sort of firmware which
runs on the 'virtual' CPU which is technically speaking running on the
real CPU, perhaps even more so in cases where JIT compilation is used. I
suppose it boils down to an accepted Fedora definition of firmware.

--
Ian Chapman.