Koji Garbage Collection

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 01:49:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 21:31 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:41:27PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
>  > We are about to roll out garbage collection for Koji. Please review the
>  > document linked below.
>  >
>  >    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/GarbageCollection
>  >
>  > As part of garbage collection, builds that are no longer needed will be
>  > deleted. The owner of the build will receive an email notification of
>  > the impending deletion and there is a grace period. To reduce the amount
>  > of email, multiple notifications to the same user will be combined into
>  > one message.
>
> As owner of one of the biggest offenders in space usage, I completely
> understand the need to do this.
> However, it's extremely valuable to be able to have users go grab
> a bunch of previous RPMs to bisect a problem.  Just this afternoon,
> I asked Mike Harris to download 15 2.6.22 based kernels for example
> so we can find out exactly when we introduced a "cant boot" bug which
> likely affects F8 too.
>
> What I'd like to do, is still keep all these RPMs, but get them out
> of koji.  I'm even prepared to give up a few hundred GB of diskspace
> on my own machines to keep them.   The question I have though, is
> whats the easiest way to get them?  Clicking through the koji web interface
> will quickly drive me nuts.   Is there some place I can just scp them from?

You can get a list of builds with koji list-tagged or just by getting a
directory listing.  Then, there's koji download-build[1] which will
download all the packages for a specific build into the current
directory

Jeremy

[1] I just found this one a couple of months ago -- it's incredibly
handy for all kinds of things